Do you know who is financially responsible for your stay? Below are some guidelines on coverage of our services.
Skilled or Post-Acute Care
Skilled care is usually covered by Medicare, private insurance, an HMO (health maintenance organization) or the Veterans Administration (VA). Skilled care usually follows a hospital stay and the resident must meet strict qualifying and medical criteria.
Long-term care is usually covered by the resident or a responsible party on a private basis, or through a financial assistance program such as Medicaid. In some situations, the VA will cover long-term care. Some insurance companies will cover long-term care for a defined period following benefits exhaustion of Medicare Part A if the beneficiary has a long-term care rider written into his or her policy.
Respite care is usually covered by the resident or a responsible party on a private basis, or through a financial assistance program such as Medicaid. Respite care is typically given for a limited amount of time (one to two weeks) to give the at home caregiver a break. Occasionally, hospice programs will cover a short respite – please consult with your hospice agency for additional information.
Palliative or End of Life Care
Palliative care is usually covered for a limited number of days through the hospice program or by the resident or a responsible party on a private basis. If eligible, one may also be covered through a financial assistance program such as Medicaid.
Eligibility for Medicaid is determined by resources, income and medical necessity. To apply for benefits in Oregon, contact the Senior & Persons with Disabilities office closest to you.
Pinnacle’s daily rate includes:
• 24-hour licensed nursing care
• 24-hour certified nursing assistant care
• Interdisciplinary care planning to meet residents’ individual needs
• Assistance in all activities of daily living, including bathing,
dressing, grooming and dining
• Restorative nursing services and dining
• Nutritionally balanced meals and specialized diets
• Registered dietitian services
• Therapeutic activities
• Social services and discharge planning
• Activities program that includes games, light excercise programs and special organized events
• Telephone and television services vary by location
• Housekeeping and laundry services
back to topˆ